Sunday 13 December 2015

This New York Pro has been abused

guitarz.blogspot.com:

The seller of the guitar keeps it short and simple. 

"New York Pro, refinished, new strings, tuned, sounds awesome"

Let's dissect it a little:

It's a New York Pro -  Hard to dispute or confirm as the headstock is not shown, but it looks like it's likely low range Korean offering.

Refinished - Well if you count intentional damage as a refinished job, then I guess so. Seriously, it looks like Marcellus Wallace got all medieval on it with a blow torch and pair of pliers.

New Strings - Phew, and I thought I was going to have to buy my own. There's a few bucks saved.

Tuned - Think of the hours I'll save. I wonder if I'll be able to get the seller to do house calls and tune it again if it ever should need it.

Sounds Awesome - The sound of an instrument is a very subjective thing, but I think that the judgment of this seller cannot wholly be trusted.

I generally don't like to be mean spirited when posting here, and yes we've called out horrible relics, bad customizations, and general guitar abuse in the past, but I feel this seller may be trying to dupe a potential buyer though, and sadly there are folks out there who wouldn't know that they were getting ripped off. 

Am I wrong? This is not a good guitar, is it?

For $250 I could have bought 8 of these guitars.

R.W. Haller











© 2015, Guitarz - The Original Guitar Blog - the blog that goes all the way to 11!
Please read our photo and content policy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis