Thursday 16 April 2015

Vantage Neck-Through Electric Guitar with Upgrades. Made in Japan

guitarz.blogspot.com:





Here we have another fine example of circa 1970s-1980s Japanese craftsmanship. Vantage was one of many brands to come out of the Matsumoku plant and, I believe, made for the Canadian market.

There is a lot to like about this Vantage guitar that has been "rescued" according to the seller with upgrades including EMG pickups, Bigsby Tremolo, LSR roller nut, etc.

In my experience these guitars are great players when stock original so I suspect that this one would be even nicer.

Currently Listed for $450 Canadian.

R.W. Haller

© 2015, Guitarz - The Original Guitar Blog - the blog that goes all the way to 11!
Please read our photo and content policy.

3 comments:

  1. I'd say putting EMG pickups on this would be a downgrade.

    Also: EMGs AND a Bigsby? On the same guitar? Weird combination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, definitely not as good as the originals, but I'm working on the premise that since this guitar was "rescued" then perhaps it was unplayable, and perhaps the pickups were an issue. Also, though not my taste, i think EMG's get more flack than they deserve.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be fair, I don't mind EMGs on a bass, but as guitar pickups, I really dislike the tone.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis