Sunday 16 February 2014

Calvin and Hobbes guitar and case set... quite astonishing but I can't decide if it's good or bad!

guitarz.blogspot.com:
This custom-built guitar and case set featuring the cartoon strip characters Calvin and Hobbes leaves me nearly speechless. Sometimes there can be a very fine line between what is brilliant and what is a complete pile of crap, and I think this guitar and case is hovering around that mark although I can't quite say which side of the line it might settle. If you were to play this on stage would the members of the audience appreciate what the guitar was supposed to represent, or would you have to bring the case out and stand it upright so that everyone could get the reference? And is it just me that finds it a little bit sinister that the body of the tiger opens up so that the boy can be put inside?

Furthermore, why does the boy (Calvin, I believe... I never followed the strip) seem to be picking his nose, or am I misinterpreting his facial features?

The construction all appears to be quite... how shall we say?... rustic?

Currently listed on eBay with a quite astonishing Buy It Now price of £8,000.

G L Wilson

© 2014, Guitarz - The Original Guitar Blog - the blog that goes all the way to 11!
Please read our photo and content policy.

2 comments:

  1. I love me some Calvin and Hobbes, but this... not so much

    Incidentally, what's the deal with the sideways pickup?

    ReplyDelete
  2. His arm is the tremolo bar so can be moved. For $8000 I would want my custom guitar to be finished a bit better. Look at the mess at the back. Looks to have massive bolts sticking out on the back too. I don't know what they where trying to achieve with this but I would say they failed.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis