Wednesday 19 February 2014

1960s Italian-made Goya Rangemaster with split pickup

guitarz.blogspot.com:
The very mention of vintage 1960s Italian guitars makes me think of gaudy finishes, arrays of push button switches, and guitars with four pickups squeezed in between the top of the fretboard and the bridge. This Goya Rangemaster is more minimalist than most with just a single pickup, but then you can trust the Italians to do things differently and this pickup is split into two halves with a bass emphasis on the three bass strings, and a treble bias to the three highest strings. You'd think with a pickup like this the guitar might be wired for a stereo output but no mention is made of this in the eBay listing and I suspect that it is not the case.

This guitar also comes complete with its original case (minus the upper lining). Now, haven't I seen a recently produced very expensive "designer" guitar case that looked almost exactly like that? Hhhmmmmm...

Currently listed on eBay with a Buy It Now price of US $690.

G L Wilson

© 2014, Guitarz - The Original Guitar Blog - the blog that goes all the way to 11!
Please read our photo and content policy.

4 comments:

  1. That case is in a word ELEGANT. I want one. Now you say you've seen a similar one of current make, what is it and how much of a king's ransom do they want for it?
    Jack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Calder guitar case: http://www.calderoriginals.com/guitarChoice.php

      Delete
  2. Hello there Mr Wilson, I was really amazed with this vintage Goya design. I am a beginner of guitar and I really want to know more cool stuffs about it. I have seen your blog from your Google+ and I have already followed you, I'm excited to see more post from you. I found this other blog here related to the guitars http://www.myfirstaxe.com/

    Regards,
    J Ward

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:11 pm

    Hi I've just come across this thread and am amazed to see the Goya case. I'm the guy behind Calder Originals - I designed our leather on carbon case from scratch - thought it was totally original. Exciting to see it is so similar to an earlier design.
    Do you have any more photographs? Was it a good case to use?
    Nick Comer-Calder
    Director
    Calder Originals ltd

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis